The Reading Room:
Financial Definitions in All Forms
Welcome to the Reading Room! Here you will find financial definitions, economic definitions and a number of other resources to help you on your journey to learn more about money no matter where you are in your money education.
There are different areas to explore depending on what interests you or what you need to learn more about. Take a look at them and pick one to get started.
What is...What does that mean?
Are you looking for financial definitions? This is the place - an online money dictionary. This section includes information on:
- What is a bank?
- What is FICA?
- How do savings bonds work?
- What is a stock?
- What is a bond?
Online resources: Downloads and more
While articles can be very useful, there are times when having a booklet, manual, recording or course are a better option. This section of the reading room is where those things can be found. And this isn't just about financial defitions or economic definitions either. This covers all aspects of kids and money.
Some of these resources are free and some are for purchase (at a variety of prices). Get ready to browse around options like...
- Money-Morphosis: A great little free ebooklet that looks at money in a completely different way. Perfect for anyone who is more creative - and the butterfly stories are a great metaphor for kids.
- Babysitting Crafts for Kids: A handy free resource for any babysitter who needs a jumpstart on fun babysitting activities. (and great for parents, too!)
- Kids Business Ideas: A great ebook value with loads of kid and teen business ideas when you are looking to make money
Books and book reviews
If you can find a great book, it can be worth it's weight in gold. There are some true gems when it comes to kids and money. Check out my reviews - and add your own.
- Money Smart Kids by Janet Bodnar
- The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens
- A Penny Saved by Neale S. Godfrey
So, grab your favorite drink and your favorite chair. The Reading Room is ready for you to stay awhile and browse around. You may even find your favorite financial definition hiding in here!
Return from The Reading Room: Financial Definitions to www.money-and-kids.com